Cheryl Ward is Group Chief Executive of Family Fund, the UK’s largest grant-making charity which is based in York and offers support to families living on lower incomes raising a child or young person with a disability or serious illness.
Cheryl joined Family Fund as Commercial Director in 2008 and became Group CEO in 2012. During her tenure Cheryl has raised the charity’s reach and profile, supporting over 88,000 families by delivering over £33 million per year in grant support. In addition, Cheryl was pivotal in setting up the charity’s wholly owned trading subsidiary Family Fund Business Services of which she is a Director and that went on to win a civil society award for Grant-Making and Funding in June 2018.
Prior to joining Family Fund, Cheryl worked within the private sector supporting charities in their grant-making fulfilment. Cheryl has held a range of senior roles within financial services and retail travel.
Cheryl has experience and specialty knowledge of:
- Disability and its impact on children, young people and their families.
- Designing and delivering grant making schemes.
- Running a charity and trading subsidiary.
- Charity law, governance and company secretarial duties.
- Government grant agreements and assurance reviews.
Cheryl lives in Scarborough with her family.