Watch our short video* below delivered by our employees, who give an overview of why we refreshed our values and what they are.
*Disclaimer: Motability are not responsible for any external content or advertising that follows this video on YouTube.
At Motability, we are committed to quality and excellence, and dedicated to the people who are vital in delivering our goals.
Staff are supported to achieve their full potential. Mentoring, internal training, external courses and professional qualifications are also offered to assist staff in their role.
Our work environment is free from discrimination, prejudice, harassment, bullying or victimisation. People are treated with dignity, respect, courtesy and fairness.
Ideas and opinions are encouraged, and there are opportunities to get involved with the Employee Forum, Social Committee or write for our internal magazine.
Our values are at the core of everything we do, they are the starting point:
- We value the support and expertise provided by all of our colleagues, working together to meet the needs of our beneficiaries and enhance the lives of disabled people.
- We actively encourage engagement with our beneficiaries, colleagues and organisations to share knowledge, learn and find solutions.
- We listen to, and reflect upon, the views and experiences of our beneficiaries, colleagues and partners to build strong relationships.
- We demonstrate empathy and integrity towards beneficiaries, colleagues and all those we connect with.
- We are proud to embrace equality, diversity and inclusion.
- We value that each individual is unique and recognise individual differences.
- We are committed to finding new ways to improve access to transport for disabled people.
- We try new innovative ways of working, we learn and adapt with new experiences.
- We challenge ideas to support positive change.
Our values are not just words:
- They have come from within the organisation.
- They reflect how we believe we should work and the difference that each of us make.
Motability is committed to ensuring that all staff enjoy equality of opportunity and are not disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justified.
Our work environment
At Motability, we thrive to create a safe working environment for our staff and customers. We place great emphasis on the effective management of health, safety and welfare throughout our operations.
You can see our Health and Safety documents below, all of which are reviewed annually:
- Health and Safety Statement of Intent (PDF 138.0 KB)
- General Health and Safety Policy (PDF 540.8 KB)
- Contractors and Visitors on Site Policy (PDF 474.0 KB)
We are passionate and focussed on our environmental initiatives - reducing carbon footprint. We have some projects underway. You can take a look at our Environmental Policy (PDF 331.4 KB).
Employee wellbeing is very important to us at Motability and as part of that we offer support in a number of ways:
- Mental Health First Aiders who are on hand to listen, provide guidance and to assist employees in contacting a professional service if required.
- Wellbeing Champions who promote and raise awareness of wellbeing within the organisation as well as providing a programme of activities.
- Mental Health Awareness training for all employees.
- Providing support to Managers so in turn they can support their staff.