These terms tell you the terms and conditions that apply when you use our website www.motability.org.uk (our website). We amend these terms from time to time so please check them each time you visit.
These Website Terms were most recently updated on 7 July 2021.
Who we are
We are Motability, a Royal Charter body with company number RC000716 and registered as a charity in England and Wales with charity number 299745 and in Scotland with charity number SC 050642. Our principal offices are at Warwick House, Roydon Road, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5PX (“Motability”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
We are regulated by the Charity Commission and the Financial Conduct Authority. We are entered on the FCA register (www.fca.org.uk/register) under reference 736309.
Sometimes content on our Website will be provided by our trading company Motability Enterprises Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 01786053 (“Enterprises”). We will make it clear when Enterprises is providing any content and in such cases these Website Terms will continue to apply but references to “Motability”, “we”, “us” and “our” should be read as “Enterprises” (unless the context does not permit it).
How to contact us
General enquiries or complaints: Please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the above address.
Data protection enquiries: To speak to us about our use of your personal information please email our Data Protection Officer at DataProtectionOfficer@motability.org.uk or write to us at the above address, marking all correspondence with “FAO Data Protection Officer”.
Using our website
- Your use of our website is subject to these terms. By using our website, you confirm that you accept these terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not accept them, you should not use our website.
- We may update and change our website from time to time. Very rarely our website may not be available and we will provide you of advance notice of this if possible.
- Our website is directed at people residing in the United Kingdom.
- Content on our website is provided “as is”. We take great care in compiling the information on our website but we do not provide any warranties or make any representations as to its accuracy or reliability.
- We are not responsible for websites that we link to. Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. If we link to a third party website this should not be interpreted as approval or endorsement by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- You may link to our website only with our prior written permission and then only provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it (we may withdraw linking permission without notice). You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, in respect of our website or its content. We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our website by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of using our website except that we do not seek to exclude liability where it is unlawful to do so. Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Except for Third Party Content (see paragraph in section “Our videos on YouTube” below), we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it – this includes the design, layout, look, appearance, logos, photographs, images, graphics and text. These works are protected by copyright laws around the world and all such rights are reserved.
- Name and logos: The "Motability" name and logo are our trade marks and you are not permitted to use them, or any other trade mark belonging to us or our licensors whether registered or unregistered without our prior written approval unless such use is purely for referential and non-commercial purposes.
- Text and articles: You may use extracts of text and articles from our website for your personal, non-commercial and educational use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our website. If you make any permitted copies of our text or articles Motability should be acknowledged in the following or a similar way: “Source: Motability – www.motability.org.uk”. You must not modify our text or articles or use any of our materials for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Photographs, videos, graphics and images: You are not permitted to reproduce or modify our photographs, videos, graphics or images without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our videos on YouTube
Sometimes we share our own video content on our website by embedding our videos that have been uploaded to YouTube. YouTube may show third party adverts (Third-Party Content) to you before or after you watch our videos. We do not control this Third-Party Content. We have no association with the owners of any such Third-Party Content and we do not endorse their products or services. We do not own the intellectual property rights in such Third-Party Content.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction.